机械社区

找回密码
 注册会员

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索
查看: 3764|回复: 6

国外对于公差的定义和解释(Tolerances: A Brief Introduction)

[复制链接]
发表于 2016-8-20 16:43:04 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
什么是尺寸公差?为什么工程师要设定公差?公差的大小是由何决定的?下面这篇文章可以给这些问题提供一些解答的思路。

8 p( c- W' ?& g/ U) D6 v; [! ]3 ?* r( Y+ i1 P2 f  q6 @, p3 O2 X, y+ I
Manufacturing Tolerances
: b  z, p7 z1 K) F- J- Z0 |! jDimensional tolerances are needed because no two parts are identical, and no single part feature is perfect. To function correctly, there is a limited dimensional “zone” where a part is good enough to work as intended and mate correctly with other parts. Every feature has this “zone”, and is the designer’s job to make sure that it is defined correctly, in the form of a tolerance.
- K5 y9 W4 c: L4 N  _! K3 s
) u9 o' i3 N  K: n9 GThe tighter the tolerance, the closer the part will be to the design intent. However, problems may start to arise or parts will be too difficult to manufacture when tolerances are made too tight.& m, [+ ?0 P+ H( Q9 C' a
! I/ |" I$ B, n5 Q4 M! E
Normally dimensional tolerancing is done on a 2-d print or in 3D CAD model.  For example, a hole is located from an edge by a certain amount (a linear dimension), plus or minus a smaller amount (the tolerance).  On most engineering drawings, there is a general tolerance block indicating the standard tolerance, in addition to the tolerances specified on particular dimensions.  o, t6 U# k1 p9 H
2 k8 {& ?" a. U
Engineering Capabilities
6 i/ A; Q" j* u1 n  bSounds easy, right?  In fact, a lot goes into determining the correct tolerance for a feature; the product material, the manufacturing process and capability, the function of the feature, the geometry of mating parts, and the cost restrictions of the product are all factors that influence the tolerance. A clearance hole in a plastic part will not require the same tolerances as a press-fit hole in a metal part.  Likewise, a part that is 10 inches long may not require the same tolerance as a part that is .100 inches long.) _. V# n3 {0 t5 I: C* V! `% w# Y
& W  e3 X- @) H; k: L
3 b; f6 u" E  ]8 d1 C, f- b

2 S- H8 k' A. y, c' ]/ ]Why does the product material matter?  Plastics generally require looser tolerances than metal, due to their tendency to move more with temperature changes.  During injection molding, machining and fabrication activities, the material is heated and then cooled, resulting in a final part size different than the initial (warm) measurement would suggest.+ \% Q( f5 T* i) g% I. b3 r3 T  I0 [
7 T. T9 G# ^- p8 z2 z
Why is manufacturing method a factor?  The capability of the manufacturing process will often dictate which tolerances are economically feasible.  For a thermoplastic welded part, .001 may be possible to achieve, but only after scrapping a significant quantity of product; .030 is a more typical tolerance for this type of part.  If it is vital to have an extremely tight tolerance, changing the manufacturing method (machining a part rather than welding it, for example) may create parts within specification with less expense throughout the supply chain.
$ i5 o' Y2 k1 c& u2 L  @, L; z
3 j  U5 @# K. @9 I4 F" W
; p. {2 X& m# b
Functional Requirements
# h2 `5 ]; ?1 q+ ?8 u+ F$ o7 X
5 F9 H' f" ~. Y: z' KThe function of the feature is important because not all parts need the same tolerance.  An external feature that doesn’t mate with another part may have a much larger tolerance than an intricate gear series that requires every component to fit with the others.  A clearance hole for a fastener will require a larger tolerance than the location of a threaded hole.  A machining or assembly fixture generally needs to have a much tighter tolerance (typically 10 times tighter) than the product which will be machined or assembled.
% Q! v4 E7 A. j3 y0 ?& B& X% S
' a6 q: p1 s/ SDimensional tolerancing is also used to assure functional interchangeability between pieces.  Tighter tolerances in general create a higher cost product, so using the loosest tolerance that still enables correct functional operation will provide the lowest cost product., e: ?1 v5 R/ a' Y' |! N
$ I$ N, m+ S" N

评分

参与人数 1威望 +1 收起 理由
albert.tang + 1 热心助人,专业精湛!

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-8-20 17:04:33 | 显示全部楼层
对看懂和理解国外图纸有帮助。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-8-21 09:49:04 | 显示全部楼层
的确,影响公差定义的因素很多:
9 g; Y, _! D) q1、产品的材料;2、加工工艺和加工能力;3、零件特征的功能;4、相配合零件的几何形状;5、产品加工成本的控制。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-8-25 22:24:12 | 显示全部楼层
楼主能说一下您是从哪看到这个的 吗?或者是从哪本书里截取下来的?没有不进的意思,只是希望能跟多的了解公差,感觉这篇文章说的挺好的,不想国内的教材比较死板

点评

在一个叫engineeringclicks的网站看到的  发表于 2016-8-26 08:21
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-8-26 13:28:53 | 显示全部楼层
轩辕天一 发表于 2016-8-25 22:24
" d' y% Z! e' g4 F9 G/ H! T- G楼主能说一下您是从哪看到这个的 吗?或者是从哪本书里截取下来的?没有不进的意思,只是希望能跟多的了解 ...

5 a& I4 ~6 E# H0 b; U3 B好的,我下班后去看看,谢谢你6 o/ X, }  P7 c8 h! S$ o
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-8-27 08:02:03 | 显示全部楼层
  x# ~1 u7 z  d5 {2 w0 [% ]2 u
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|机械社区 ( 京ICP备10217105号-1,京ICP证050210号,浙公网安备33038202004372号 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-16 12:43 , Processed in 0.068967 second(s), 20 queries , Gzip On.